FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines Premium Economy
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:05 am
unagi1

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by tris06
Without status, lounge invitation will be only granted before the short haul flight.

So if you were flying to KUL then it would be lounge access in TPE (You may or may not have much time to enjoy it when connecting.)

And then you would be granted Lounge access in KUL.

The biggest advantage is the lounge access in TPE on the way to KUL as after a long flight you would really appreciate the access to a shower to freshen up.

From US or on the way back through TPE you will have no lounge access. And to be honest if they allowed all PE customers to use the business lounge then I doubt the lounges could handle the capacity. Plus in the future there will be more PE capacity flying in and out with new routes or routes upgraded.

Not sure if this deal will last very long (more than 2/3yrs) but one could hope.
In early August I am flying SFO-TPE-SGN-TPE-SFO. I read something in a couple different places that conflicts with this, which indicates that lounge access is granted based on the 'highest' class of service that you are flying on. Can anyone clarify? Thanks.