FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofitel master lounge thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:01 pm
Rasmus3s

Originally Posted by cwl
Everyone will have their own opinions on where they rate the Sofitel brand.

IMO

Sofitel hotels as with most brands are generally better especially in terms of service in Asia compared to other regions.

Within those parameters the Sofitel brand varies between 4*+ and 5*- although there are a couple of stand out Sofitel hotels which could be classed as true luxury properties.

Comparing brands in general terms they rank below Four Seasons. Kempinski, Ritz Carleton, Raffles etc.

The better Sofitel hotels - on a par with JW Marriott, Grand Hyatt, Waldorf Astoria etc.

The weaker properties - more in line with Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt.

Same applies with the various Sofitel lounges. Not the best of the best but vary between very good and simply functional.

Whilst all Sofitel should be equal some are more equal than others.

Thank you for your assessment of the brand.

I hope the 2 new Sofitels in Singapore and in Kuala Lumpur are more on level with the better JW Marriotts and Conrads than a normal Hilton or Marriott. They certainly charge premium rates. The Singapore one is priced on level with Shangri-La and the Intercontinental and the one in Kuala Lumpur is priced the same as the Hilton for entry level rooms and the same as Trader's for a club room, despite the Sofitel being out in the middle of nowhere, badly located for tourists and only good for the people with business in the vicinity. Though I don't personally mind for this trip since I just need a base to do some day trips to different places.

But I really hope they offer something more in their lounges than just a typical Hilton, Marriott or Hyatt, given the other options available at the same price with better locations.