FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MSP TSA failing at 95% rate!
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:33 am
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
This has nothing to do with accidentally cluing the public in to SSI techniques. This has everything to do with TSA deliberately putting the public at risk to hide on-going performance failures and to protect unearned outsize bonuses for the work force.

As taxpayers, we have a right to know how well (or not) our government agencies are performing. More importantly, we should not be hearing about failing test scores being rewarded with $80K bonuses that themselves violated TSA's documented policies.

I'm saddened and disgusted to know that so many TSA employees, from top to bottom, think their annual bonus is more important than the public's safety, even when it means sometimes putting their own loved ones at risk.
I agree that the public should have available information that shows how all agencies perform. TSA is not an exception.

As far as bonuses go I just do not understand how or why government workers are eligible for a bonus. Ask the skipper of a $36 billion dollar aircraft carrier how much bonus they received and you'll be laughed at.

I would be willing to bet that a contract screener who missed 95% of target items wouldn't be a screener for very long. Why should TSA screeners be any different?