FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ani Villas Anguilla_An Overpriced Disaster
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:41 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Wow. Appalling...except that it did happen in the almost always subpar service region of the Caribbean, where I believe this sort of thing is more likely. But I absolutely feel for you, DSI...and the bait and switch and nonsense that you obviously endured. I'm so sorry you had to ensure this nonsense.

Ani corporate owes you a complete refund. Period. The villa is not beachfront as advertised; that is fraud. Amenities that were advertised were not made available; that also is fraud. The GM was not available. That is unacceptable and ridiculous. Promises were constantly not kept. Service obviously was atrocious. This place is an utter hole of B.S.

You really need to demand Ani refund you the cost of your entire stay. Or at least half of your entire stay. (Your two nights didn't seem to be a proper half?) They need to be punished. You were punished by their lies, deceipt, and fraud. I'd open a complaint with whatever Anguilla tourism ministry might exist, too--just to embarrass them. Only when they realize the extent of their failure will they ever be willing to accept responsibility for that failure with a proper refund. Expecting a corporate entity to do so on its own is never going to properly make you whole.

IMO this horrible experience reflects that the entire Caribbean region can often over-promise and yet so consistently under-deliver. Buyers beware.

Last edited by bhrubin; Jul 6, 2017 at 11:17 am