FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TLV 3am til 8:30am advice
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:38 am
abaheti

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by craz
Good move, again it could be that what you were doing wouldnt have invoked very close checking, my gut says otherwise, especially with having 2 separate tkts.
Based on everyone's advice, I think I made the right move especially as I was able to find good award seats. Into AMM on Turkish, out of TLV on Swiss; and if we're lucky we'll get "stuck" in either Istanbul or Zurich for a day. :-)

Originally Posted by TWA884
Add to the mix that from his signature it would appear that the OP has a South Asian name; that makes him a likely candidate for profiling in TLV both coming and going.

ETA: Since I originally posted this message, the OP has deleted his signature/name.
Correct, I changed my signature. I don't know why I hadn't noticed all these years that it was listed (not that it is hard to tell from my FT handle). But your point about South Asian name/descent seems reasonable even with a USA passport.

Originally Posted by worldiswide
I would have liked to have heard the resolution to this situation as well....We visit Israel a fair amount, so it may not seemed as odd when they started to question us. OP, Enjoy your trip.. and your anniversary.
Sorry to not be able to report back on this issue, and thanks -- the anniversary falls in the middle of the trip, so not sure if we'll be in Jordan or Israel on the day.