FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is no in-room coffee maker and charge for wifi a deal breaker for a hotel these days?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:39 am
chrisl137
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rm456
I know multiple people who travel with coffee beans + an Aeropress, though they're still dependent on hot water from somewhere (usually the coffee maker)
Originally Posted by Collierkr
Sheesh! and I thought I was a coffee snob. I rarely drink what is in the room. In the US I will go find something better outside the hotel, and in Europe most hotel coffee in the restaurant/cafe is light years ahead of the US equivalent.
I regularly travel with an Aeropress and a little hand grinder. Especially if I'm going to the east coast- on top of the 3 hour change, I usually have to be in earlier there, so it's more like a 4-5 hour change. I drink a couple shots from the Aeropress to wake up enough to get to the lobby, where I get some more coffee, and then stop for a to go cup on my way in to work. If I'm going somewhere where I know I can get good beans, I'll get them at the destination, otherwise I bring enough for the trip.

I use the in room machine to heat the water, and I've never seen one that had mold in it. Most that I've seen are quite clean.