FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Improperly denied boarding or not? Legal question China visa etc.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:22 pm
smattiso

Programs: AA, Alaska, Delta
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Well, I don't know if you can do TWOV at SZX. But if you were able to, regardless of what TIMATIC said, it would make the airline be wrong.
Your argument is one of practicality, but it doesn't justify wrong information. If you believe it is ok to use wrong information, then you essentially let the agent make all decisions. They can in essence be an embassy, denying people the right to travel to certain places. I don't think they have that power, and does anybody give them that power. As such, they are enforcement, and their authority is derived from somewhere else.
But I find it hilarious how, in this day and age, nobody can find anything online (probably because people here don't read/type Chinese), but you can actually go to SZX and just ask them yourself at the airport.
I was in SZX and I was able to do the TWOV easily. So were many others. I agree the wording is strange on most of these websites and explicitly say that SZX is exempt from the TWOV, which is not true any more. From what I can tell you are allowed to use a TWOV for ANY airport in China at this point as long as you stay within the 24 hour ruling. Now whether or not you can achieve this in practice is another question. I will see what I can accomplish. Regardless lesson learned I guess...