FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:40 am
SethLevy
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
I don't know if the rooftop bar and restaurant are open or not - they told me not yet, but the hotel directory in the room said it was open until 12 midnight. I did not go up to check, but pressed the button for the 35th floor and it lit up. I pressed other high floor numbers and it said they were not available, so maybe it is open, but staff do not seem to be advertsing it to guests.

I think the A/C issues is really more due to the sensors - if you go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, it will turn back on. I also woke up a few times sweating, but waived my hand in the air, and it snapped back to life.

My TV 15 of the 30 channels, including all US language ones, did not work last night from 8 pm on and was still not working when I checked out around 9:30.

I also killed two small bugs - one crawling across the table in the pantry and the other seem to be a flea of something it flew out of my suitcase when I was packing. I did unpack and give everything a good smack to make sure I did not take anything with me (fingers crossed). I suspect the fleas/bug can in due to some of the construction work being done, I think some of the glass on the windows was removed or being fixed.

One of the sinks in the bathroom was clogged or drained very slowing and I did smell something foul at times - but not sure what it was.

baggage bellman was very quick, car service back to airport was clean and safe and they also have a representative meeting the car to take you to the check-in desk, lift your bags on the belt and then walk you to the priority security lane.

I was charged for room service breakfast as I was told it is not included for Globalist other than in the restaurant.

I did not complain about anything because I did not care as I knew I would not be returning.

Like I said, I think they market to wealthy Thais and Asians, and contrary to an earlier post, when I was in the restaurant for breakfast, most tables were occupied (about 50 people). Of the 50 people in the restaurant at the time, I was the only non Asian - with most of the ones I heard speaking Thai. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves and they we getting very good service.

Speaking of service, it was simply not polished or professional from the local Thai workers. The non-asian staff were better, it seemed the older the staff, the better. That said, they all tried really hard - so you can't really fault them. Service should improve with time. I also think the hotel will ultimately fit within the mid-tier of luxury Bangkok Hotels, it will command rates like the St Regis or Peninsula, but not those rates of the Mandarin or Siam.