FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why is BA dragging their heels on the J product?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:39 am
Padmeister

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Bmused55
BA used to set the bar for J and F class products. They were the first with lay flat seat for example. BA's J and F products were always known for their understated ellegance and sophistication. Nothing too in your face like the gawdy M.E. airlines with their oodles of vacuum chromed plastic fake gold embelishments and ultra glossy "wood" everywhere. But now, when looking at what other airlines offer, the BA J product is looking tired. It has not been updated for close to 15 years. Even brand new planes are being delivered with the old product. The 747 I flew last year, the seat was in terrible condition. The head and lumbar support did not inflate, the screen refused to stay in the open position. I had to engineer a way to jam it open by using items from the amenity kit. Not easy when you consider it is designed not to be jammed or to pinch fingers in any way. I'd have been rather annoyed at paying the J fare for it (it was paid for by someone else, long story).

So, is this just a matter of BA unwilling to invest, or do they genuinely not realise how old in the tooth their products are?
Quite simply put "because they can"

as already stated if people are willing to pay for it then why rush? As well a lot of people still really like CW even though there are other business class products out there. week in week out people fly CW for the first time and if you are only used to Economy or Premium Economy you would be pretty darn pleased with yourself sitting in a CW seat/environment

2019 brings a New Club World and I am feeling quite positive about it! we are over half way through 2017 already so it will be here before we know it and I think whatever they reveal should be a good product! I am sure people will continue to moan but I think for the great majority who set foot on a plane and don't even know about Flyertalk will be more than happy