FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When the US President comes to your hotel ...
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:45 am
kamel123

Originally Posted by scented
Looking at this thread, I would discourage anyone to be in the Hamburg, Germany area the next couple days, as this would make for a very uncomfortable stay...

Interesting in this regard is the fact that the Fairmont Vier Jahreszeiten always required a buy-out during this time, while other hotels did not. The reason being that they couldn't possibly give priority to one party and this could make for some very difficult situations. Makes sense, right? I am not surprised Park Hyatt does not appear to have the same opinion on this, as they host both Mr Putin and Canada's Justin Trudeau. Note there is only one Presidential Suite in the hotel. But what else would I expect from Park Hyatt Hamburg?
Very true - steer well clear of Hamburg! In fact, Vier Jahreszeiten was bought out by the Saudi King. But given it's the G20, with 20 heads of state joining, and Hamburg doesn't have a wide selection of luxury hotels, it would be difficult to require buy outs.

According to most press reports, Justin Trudeau stays at the Atlantic Kempinski, together with Angela Merkel and Narendra Modi.