FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel and Residences
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:39 pm
gilbertaue

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 1nfrequent
gilbertaue - sorry to pick your brain but I'm going to be in KL next spring with my parents. We're doing touristy things and I'm interested in this Pullman due to the shopping mall opposite and because it seems pretty handy for site seeing. Would you say it's a good choice for that kind of stay or is there somewhere else you'd recommend?

FWIW I'll be Platinum at the time of the stay.

1F
Hi 1nfrequent, happy to share.
This recent stay was with my elderly in-laws - so I know what it's like to travel with parents
The property is right across the road from Pavilion, but unless you would want to risk a death-defying dash across a 5 lane road, I would advise not to cross the road there.

If you head against the flow of traffic, up a slope for about 100m there is an overhead bridge with escalators. This overhead bridge is also the loooooong link bridge to KLCC and the Convention Centre. The location of the escalator is in fact right next to the Novotel.

So it depends how fit your parents are. If they have no issues walking up a slight slope for 100m, then there are no problems.
There is of course the mandatory KL downpour at 3pm which you also need to be aware of - but the concierge has umbrellas.

Anyway, lots going for this property and my in-laws and my family love it (we used to stay at the Novotel, but that's a dump).