FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MSP TSA failing at 95% rate!
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2017, 3:03 pm
Carl Johnson

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gsoltso
This is the kind of thing that happens when you have un-nameable sources, and no specific verification that you can publish, or a writer that chooses to embellish, or a writer that simply got things wrong. TSA does not go into bags looking for drugs, although we do report them if they are discovered while searching for possible threat items.

I am not saying this story is untrue, but I am still leery over unidentified sources. We have had tons of articles across the board where false stories are pushed out by anonymous/un-named/unidentified/unverified/unverifiable sources. Little things like a posting stating unequivocally that searching for drugs is a part of the testing, does nothing but lessen the credibility of the story, the writer, and the sources - especially when a little bit of research into the area (like checking the TSAs website), would remove the most glaring errors.
Hahahaha, we have SEEN the TSA clerks at the checkpoint, remember? We KNOW what they do, we have talked to them and heard them yelling. We have seen pictures posted by the TSA, showing a clerk mishandling a passenger's expensive and perishable property, and BOASTING about the fact that large lobsters can sometimes be found in New England.

We have SEEN the TSA blog's posting about the false arrest of a PX at PHL, and how studiously the TSA blog team avoided mentioning that the PX had been acquitted and had sued the TSA.

The TSA teaches clerks that they are on the "front lines" in the fight against terrorism, and we have seen and experienced their failure to know or follow the rules, and their resentment at being asked to follow the rules. If you have any information to rebut the claims in the article, trot it out.

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
So if TSA just closed up shop and went home we would only be 5% less safe and would save $8,000,000,000.00 tax dollars each year. Think I'm willing to take the chance.
We would be much much safer because passengers would spread out through the terminal rather than being bunched at the checkpoint.

Last edited by Carl Johnson; Jul 4, 2017 at 3:08 pm