FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MSP TSA failing at 95% rate!
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2017, 10:25 am
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
For the record, I think you should acknowledge that your interpretation of the rules on medical nitro is just your personal view.

It's slightly misleading for visitors to the forum to read your words and think you are speaking as the voice of TSA on this issue. Perhaps you could add a disclaimer tag. When you post anything to do with rules, it is only 'binding' when you, personally, are working a checkpoint at GSO. Anywhere else, it's anyone's guess what the rules will be.

You claim you, personally, wouldn't confiscate medical nitro. In fairness to lurkers and drop-ins to the site, you might acknowledge that other screeners are equally entitled to their own opinions and if they do not agree with you, their 'final say' is binding at the checkpoint, just as yours is. From their perspective, you are the one who is wrong.

Your posts mislead innocent travelers like myself into believing that TSA would never confiscate an easy-to-clear vital medication. That is not true. Any TSO can confiscate any medicine at any time and he will have the 'final say'. Suggesting otherwise is potentially putting people like myself at grave medical risk.

With all due respect, you're blathering about unverifiable sources. Unless you personally spoke to the offensive ex-military TSOs in PHX, or read transcripts of interviews and viewed all available camera footage, not just what was shown to the public, or spoke personally to the vets involved or read transcripts of their testimony, you are also relying on unconfirmed (by you) information based on unconfirmed (by you) sources.

There's always a reasonable (to you) explanation that will exonerate TSA.

Last edited by chollie; Jul 4, 2017 at 12:46 pm