FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:16 pm
miles_navigator

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Thumbs up Overall good stay

Stayed here a few weeks back with the family on Hyatt CC certs for 2 nights and points for the other nights. I couldn't get into the Andaz.

Overall, a good stay. We were upgraded to a Partial Ocean view in the Lahiana tower. Thanks to manager for early check in at 1pm too.

Some observations not mentioned recently for folk going over with kids:
* HR Maui hotel guest get access to the pool and activities at the timeshare. Activity list is a separate piece of paper you have to get from each hotel and put together.
* Kids loved the various activities done across both properties.
* The tennis court were a bit of a hike and looked a bit dirty. We used them 1 day only.
* Hotel key card never worked for the parking lot but they also didn't charge me either for those days. I did tell them each time I had a car each time it didn't work.
* 1 night came in late and couldn't find a spot so I had to valet and he charged me the self park rate and it did bill this time.
* The shaved ice was much better at the Lahaina Front Street location than in the hotel per the kids.

I have stayed the Marriott next door, and the Westin Villas down the street in this part of Maui before and in general I liked the Marriott better but this was a good stay as well. Mrs miles_navigator loved the Hyatt as her best stay in Maui but I think she just loved being back in Maui after a few years.