FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - As of today...How far are you from requalifying?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:30 pm
rfrost

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by rfrost
LOL, 56 away. And the only reason I have 4 qualifying nights is because I wanted to burn expiring DSUs in January and February, so I had one relatively inexpensive paid stay and one P+C stay. This is my year to revisit my (few) favorite Hyatt properties while I still have status and burn my points, so I have about 15 nights reserved on awards or P+C. Very happy to say that there are no 4" high bathtubs involved.
And, at the half-year mark, I see that I've doubled my qualifying nights to 8--added 2 nights at an MLife (to take advantage of my MLife Platinum status before that, too, goes away), and 2 P+C s at an international property I wanted to try while I still have Hyatt status. I've also had a few non-qualifying nights (CC free night and points) at Hyatts.
In addition to those, I've had 11 qualifying nights at Fairmonts (plus 4 reward nights, 2 of them at a Raffles), 9 nights at Four Seasons, 3 at ICs, 3 at Kempinski, 1 at SPG, 1 at Taj, and a number of nights at various icons (e.g., Burj, Ritz Paris, Sirenuse) and other top-of-the-line (e.g.,O&O) or first-rate independent properties.
Fairmont is the only program I'm bothering to qualify with, and that, unfortunately, appears to be a short-term proposition. While it's definitely more work now, and I feel like 12+ years' worth of Hyatt knowledge are going to waste, I am really enjoying the freedom to stay where I want to stay.