FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Someone nicking 20+ cans of beer from the F-lounge (got it on video)
Old Jul 2, 2017, 5:03 pm
Grog

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Discus
Visited F-lounge at LHR T5 Friday afternoon. We noticed two persons grabbing a lot of beer and putting it in their bags. They had some round trips to the bar and even stopped to get more when leaving (all within 3-4 minutes) They noticed me filming, but looked like they couldn't care less. Guess they nicked 20+ cans and 5 bags of crisps.

Showed the video to the lounge manager immediately, and he was speechless and he (and some more staff?) left the lounge to go looking for them. Don't know the result.

Based on the behaviour on these men, I guess it is not the first time. So look around. Managers office is by the entrance to the F-lounge. The staff at the front desk or in the cloakroom will probably be the best to notice and act fast.
Originally Posted by Discus
These guys did both! This was the third(!) beer-run!
If I had witnessed this, it wouldn't have taken me three beer runs to determine my course of action. Either move on it or deem it unworthy of involvement. But most likely, I wouldn't wait, let them make off with the loot, and only then report it.

Had they not left, how many more runs would they've made before you reported them? Or had you already decided to let them leave first?

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Gosh! I hope you're getting a glow of righteousness spreading this around.

While I view the behaviour of the two as deeply tacky, I can't get as worked up about it as some have; and I am uneasy and uncomfortable about the role of the OP in filming the shebang and then running off to the lounge manager with it.

I'd have been mildly shocked to witness the audacity of the actions filmed, but I can't work up any moral outrage by that sort of tackiness. Nobody was hurt, no-one was in danger: I'd have got on with my own life.
For me, it's either take action or not even pay attention. But allowing three different runs for a total of 20+ cans and only moving on it after they leave...well, why bother? At that point they've gotten away with it and the damage is done and I'd only feel worse for revealing it to others that I actually allowed them to get away with it.

Last edited by Grog; Jul 2, 2017 at 5:09 pm