FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:02 pm
RTWSTARALLIANCE

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Not for me. At least for now.

I arrived into BKK late and decided to be conservative getting a taxi. What a pain. I had a mini convention of three taxi drivers with non of them showing me any confidence in their faces about getting me to the PH. That's with google maps on my phone and pic of the complex tower. Onto Uber. Six minute estimated pick up time which that car cxld and I was assigned a 21 minute pick up time. Then when I get to the PH the MOD tells me they have a taxi card. Post the stupid card online like the HR TST. Really dumb.

Knew not all floors ready but to just read only five suites available. Talk about a soft opening. And yes the rate for BKK is too high. I was in contact with the Hotel so knew upgraded to corner king. The finishings are nice. Thirty three channels on the tv is not going to work for a intl hotel. And the tv remote makes no sense.

No information on Globalist breakfast options. Had to call down and they said I could take it in room but heard hesitation in his voice. Invited to reception but gave the card back to MOD. I look forward to exploring the Hotel and complex but at this rate more than happy to return back Conrad where they have a Club lounge. Lounge makes a difference for me. Will probably move over there tomorrow. Wifi seems slow.