FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:59 am
xray

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by Aventine
Depends how they come up with the measurements. Some properties can be very creative.
Exactly... it is also how they use the space as well. You can't go by the square footage alone. I wouldn't book the entry rooms unless I were travelling alone or never in the room.

Only five suites ready at the current time according to the front desk staff (YMMV). I was disappointed at the lack of upgrade but as it was a layover, I didn't worry about it as much.

As for the air conditioning, it is not centrally controlled during the day but there is obviously a difference between the efficiency of the cooling at night vs during the daytime. Some who are better versed in HVAC may have more to add but I believe this is a cost-saving measure (or eco-green feature). I like cold temperatures especially when I sleep so that is a personal annoyance.
​​​​​​
Try the PH BKK and you may or may not be affected by the points I have raised... I also stayed at PH NY and PH Vienna when they both first opened so I am aware of growing pains but it's not a given that they be such that I would rather not return. Í stayed at MO Milan in the first month and it was amazing...

Last edited by xray; Jul 2, 2017 at 1:26 am