FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 1, 2017, 7:30 pm
UAuhoh

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
Originally Posted by xray
Stayed two nights on layover at the PH BKK. I don't think I'll be returning. The room is tiny and they turn down the A/C at night which is more than annoying in hot, humid Bangkok. This was a Guest of Honor points booking (mainly to see if benefits were extended). There was no upgrade from a Park King (they stated there are only 5 suites although a Deluxe Corner would have been appreciated). The breakfast was alright but significantly lacking in comparison to the Pen which is our other comparison point.

Architecturally, it was quite interesting with art features and a beautiful infinity edge pool.

We used the BMW 7 airport transfer three times (!) and it was prompt and comfortable.

Front desk service was helpful and professional. Restaurant service warm although not detail oriented. Many new staff were still being orientated.

I found the river view location of the Pen more scenic although we did take the BTS which was convenient. The attached Central Embassy mall is lovely to walk around (and directly attached). The top floor Open House space is beautiful and Eathai in the basement has some neat outlets.

Anyhow, the tiny room makes this a no-go for me and I'll go back to the Pen next time. As far as Asian PH comparisons, PH Busan, Seoul and Shanghai were better than this one.
Turning down the air con at night is unacceptable but especially at a top end hotel. Had this experience at the Shangri-la Wuhan when, after waking up in a sweat at 4 am, called to ask them to turn it back up. They told me they could not as it was centrally controlled. When I checked out, they agreed to credit one nights stay as compensation. No reason to accept this from any hotel.