FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Improperly denied boarding or not? Legal question China visa etc.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:40 am
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Is it just about the countries they fly to? What about transiting to another airline to reach another destination country?

And in those 5 minutes, is it information as published by the relevant authorities in the destination country? Not doubting you, but I know some countries make it difficult to find the right information, especially for transits.

GenevaFlyer
Agreed. Timatic still shows SZX excluded from 24hr TWOV. I still haven't seen an answer to my post upthread (see below). Can someone post an official source (not a blog or some guy says.....but an official source that an airline could rely on) that shows that 24hr TWOV is valid at SZX?

Originally Posted by Finkface
Yup, Timatic excludes SZX from TWOV:

Visa required.

Passengers transiting only are exempt from holding a visa when:
Holders of confirmed onward air, cruise or train tickets for a max. transit time of 24 hours. Transit incl. multiple stops within China (People's Rep.), with a total transit time of max. 24 hours, is permitted. They must travel to a third country.

Transit without visa (TWOV) is not possible at Fuzhou (FOC), Mudanjiang (MDG), Shenzhen (SZX) and Yanji (YNJ).

Not sure you can hold the airline responsible for this when they checked the source they are required to use and that source told them you needed a visa.

Where (official source) does it say that SZX now offers TWOV? The link the OP posted (http://www.hongdaservice.com/blog/ne...reign-visitors) is just a blog that says "According to a spokesperson from Shenzhen Airport Group Co. their are plans to roll out the 72-hour visa-free entry policy to new arrivals at Shenzhen Bao'An International Airport within the first half of 2016.". Seems far from an official source and only talks about plans.