FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BLR: International to domestic transfer and airport hotel
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:10 pm
quarryking

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by malgudi
We have a 12hour transit (2a-2p) and will use this time to stay at the airport hotel. Knowing that bags will have to be claimed upon arrival/rechecked for the domestic leg, I'm assuming we can hold on to them instead and check them in later? Not sure how I feel about having my bags out of sight for that long.

Looks like the airport hotel isn't all that far (250m, from their website). But there's also mention of a shuttle ... this would be handy with our bags. Does this operate 24x7? I can also call the hotel to find out.

Or use the porter service, perhaps?

Stayed at this hotel earlier in the year and it's a 5 min walk in all from the terminal to hotel. I remember the hotel saying they charge for a drop at the airport and at that time there was no complimentary shuttle. I had just one small bag and so the walk with the bag was no problem...
If your not keen on using the porter service, then best bet would be to wheel your luggage on the luggage trolley till the hotel.. Once at the Hotel gate, the hotel security would take over and get your stuff to the reception.