FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More regional planes operating on mainline routes
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:22 pm
BiggAW

Programs: RapidRewards, SkyPesos, whatever flies where I want to go.
More regional planes operating on mainline routes

Moderator note: This thread was started in the AA forum, but has now been moved to TravelBuzz for continued discussion. Thanks! /Moderator

What the heck AA? I was looking at flights today for a possible work trip, and our crappy system, for some reason, seems to like AA over everything else unless you play some tricks with it, even though our area is dominated by WN. I was looking at some short-haul stuff, and they were either mostly or all farmed out to regionals, and this was a route to real airports with mainline service, not some <redacted by moderator> regional airport (in this case, PVD-SDF). What the heck AA? I know they fly longer routes and thus have to have mainline metal going somewhere, like BDL-DFW, but their service of our area is even worse than DL. I've ranted about DL's lack of caring about our market in the past, but AA seems even worse.

We're not a hub for anyone, so either we're flying with whomever's hub we're going to, whomever is cheaper, or whomever will actually bother to give us decent service. It's like AA cares even less about our market than DL and just wants to roll over and give it all to WN. Why don't they actually compete more and send us some more 737's? Or just not bother?

Last edited by JY1024; Jul 3, 2017 at 4:04 pm Reason: Redaction by moderator