FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MSP "Escape Lounge" open
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:33 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
I don't often agree with PVN on this forum, but here, 100% accurate. FT members want to see the best benefit for themselves and it is the only suggestion they offer(BTW benefiting #1 is human nature, no hate there).

1 can simply not boast about the new premium offerings in the SC while also saying that the AXP members should be disallowed swipes. The fact of the matter is the 3 people in front of you paid for access via AMEX just like a FT member for it via a membership. The difference is, with the AXP partnership, there are people flying DL who would potentially not due to the SC access. Do not be foolish enough to think DL doesn't know this.

If DL takes away AXP swipes, I would be inclined to believe that many GM-PM Members may swing over to AA or UA depending on their home base in order to use CL. Pure speculation on my point.
That was the point I was making people want benefits them. Am Ex Plat cardholders are complaining about PP cardholders causing crowding in the Escape lounge (which I'm not arguing with) yet don't feel that Plat Am Ex swipes should be stopped at the Skyclub which contributes to overcrowding

UA used to allow PP swipes in their lounges until a couple years ago (which is included with an Am Ex Plat card) and I don't recall any of their frequent flyers saying they were moving over to Delta. I would think a GM or PM would have less incentive to switch to AA since they would have to go with the stickers to get upgraded and those only occur at the gate. American only does complimentary upgrades for EP where Delta does it for all levels and doesn't make them wait until the gate and use stickers. I'd think an upgrade would be a bigger value than Skyclub access. I know if I would get more SWU's like American's EP's do I'd take it in a heartbeat over a skyclub membership and most diamonds would. I'd gladly pay for a skyclub member (which I did before I was diamond) like AA EP's do if Delta would duplicate AA's program of giving out more SWU's and giving free upgrades on the JFK to LAX and SFO routes.