FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MSP "Escape Lounge" open
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:49 am
SPLICERSZEBRA

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I'm just wondering why people think PP holders should be banned from the Escape lounge due to capacity issues but don't have a problem with Am Ex swipes being allowed at the Skyclub when the lounge is at capacity.

I'm sure most diamonds wouldn't have an issue paying for their skyclub membership like American EP's do if we got the same SWU benefits. Two extra SWU's would be a lot more valuable than a sky club membership. Delta used to give all PLatiniums membership when they required 100K miles and didn't have diamond.

I'm just glad they eliminated guesting, I think that's where a lot of the problems are with any lounge overcrowding. It stinks when I'm travelling with a non-member and they have to pay $29 if they want to enter. Most of them don't mind now that delta has made the change to upgrades like American where the companion doesn't go to the bottom of the upgrade list, since when I'm travelling with a companion now they usually get upgraded, they'd rather have the first class upgrade than sky club entrance. People that are upset about that change should look at the positive of the upgrade change since their companion has a lot better shot of an upgrade now, that's worth a lot more than a half hour in the skyclub
The quality of the MSP Escape lounge has gone downhill fast and not sure if it's due to the Priority Pass entries or not. I haven't been in the lounge since they made the change. I agree with you about the congestion at some Skyclubs and Delta needs to address that issue.

I would love to see Delta have clubs like the Virgin and Quantas international lounges but it will never happen.

Regarding diamond memberships, I saw a cut in that benefit when they introduced the exectuive membership. Seeing I have a Delta Reserve card and an American Express Platinum card for entry I was going to select an executive membership for my 2018 third choice. The problem is as soon as I executed it the clock starts ticking on my Global Upgrades and I may be better off just paying the extra $150 to get my wife a Delta Reserve card and taking the $200 Delta voucher.

+1 on the upgrading being worth more than the Skyclub entry. Whilst my wife wasn't happy with the changes in Skyclub membership she was very happy when Delta made the companion changes. A couple we are friends with (he is also diamond and both our wives are Gold due to the gifting benefit) and my wife and I travel to Vegas a few times a year. My friend and I would always get upgraded on MSP/LAS and they would end up in Comfort Plus (actually my friend and I would, we had to give them our upgrades to stay out of the dog house LOL) but we have flown two times since the change was made to Vegas and both times all four of us were upgraded and my wife and I were upgraded together for MSP/LAX and last month for MSP/SFO both ways which never happened before so Delta is definitely making some improvements to the diamond benefits, you have to take the good with the bad.