FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Express Bus Frankfurt-Strasbourg vv
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:45 am
Plancktos

Programs: AF Gold | LH SEN | Hertz #1 Gold | PCR Plat | IC RA
Originally Posted by fligher
That said, the Lufthansa guide service is not the only option. If you want to spend a bit more, there is this offered by the airport:
https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/en...e-service.html
And I seem to remember there was also another company offering such services. Just search around a bit!
Many thanks for this, indeed gate to gate family service at 139,00€ (single) or 229,00€ (Round-trip) would have been a good option for my wife with the 3 kids. I will keep this in mind for future trips. If anyone else is interested, here is the link to the pdf brochure:
https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/co..._rz_04_WEB.pdf

Any way my wife was flying yesterday. I drove her to the shuttle bust stop at Strasbourg and drove with the luggage to the airport. I left pretty much at the same time as the shuttle but arrived to the airport 40 minutes earlier.

I waited for her at the bag drop counter, the shuttle as 20 minutes late, she got to the bag drop counter at 17h30... it was really last minute, her luggage almost didn't make it to the plane (departure at 18h05).

Then Lufthansa staff accompanied her to the gate, they put our little daughter (who doesn't walk very fast) in a wheel chair, and managed to get them to the plane on time. The lady pushing the wheel chair was not very happy since it is not supposed to be used for kids, but under the circumstances they made an exception.

Note: If I had taken a copy of the boarding passes I would have been able to drop the bags as soon as I got to the airport (apparently this can be done by someone other than the passengers), and this would have saved some time and stress... Lesson learned for next time...

But I guess that in the future I will just book the gate to gate family service.
(I still can't believe that I wasn't offered this by the customer service, after all I called 4 or 5 times and explained the problem...)