FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TLV 3am til 8:30am advice
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:16 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by abaheti
Thanks, all. I hadn't considered the possible extra security attention if I left and came back. I'll report back on how it goes (or if I'm able to get my award tickets changed to get me into AMM and out of TLV or vice versa instead of in/out TLV which is all I could find). I knew FT would have good advice.
I used to fly BA all the time and made it a point to arrive into LHR as close to 9am as possible, since 9:30am starts Off-Peak on the Underground and Id buy a 1-6 tkt. I also booked a 10pm connection , thusly I had the whole day to run around London. Sometimes when at CBP they saw no destination in the UK and I explained what and why I did what I did, they stamped my passport and off I went, as many others have done.

However TLV doesnt get many folks coming and immediately going be it 1 tkt or 2. On top of that its AMM youre heading to. i remember doing the Latin Pass run back in 2000, the 1st few waves made it easier for the rest of us. The 1st ones ran into a number of problems since the CBP of alot of the Countrys couldnt understand why we would be willing to do what we were , after all common sense was against us. Nor the Europeans or Asians come Dec when people flew over only to take the same plane right back to the US, it took awhile till they got used to us as well. Now Id hardly expect the Israelis to get it and can fully understand why they will think you are up to no good. Heck it took ages for my friends to get it why for the same $$ Id rather fly < or > or v etc rather then nonstop of cause today everything being rev based all I want is non-stops.

I assume you are on award tkts. the 1st being a *A and RJ OW. Hard to believe that TK doesnt have anything ZRH-IST-AMM or via CAI with EqyptAir or any European *A member. I could understand if you were forcing it in order to have some time in Israel but thats not your goal.

As is I think youd be doing you and your wife a tremendous favor if you another way to get to AMM