FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:24 am
Governator

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
Credit is subject to audit.

Sometimes they check (as in they obtain actual folio from hotel which they can do since they are travel agent on record for the reservation) and sometimes they push the credit over without verification.

I've experienced both. How do I know they check folio? The reimbursed amount was less than expected and the reason given was that one of the "taxes" charged by the hotel was not a tax.
Here's my experience and understanding. My stay at the Yosemite Majestic hadn't credited after a couple months. So I called, mentioned I had stayed, told them they could see the charge on my Prestige bill. They told me they DO NOT have access to the credit card statements. They do confirmation by calling the hotel and confirming that you stayed (as noted in other posts, unclear whether they could/would also check that Prestige was used). Well for my case, the Majestic said I had cancelled and never stayed. Since I had the folio number I gave it to them and they were able to track it down and give me credit.

So it seems very likely you can get away with using a different card. I've also heard of others using other than Prestige and getting the 4th free. Is it worth the gamble to try it?