FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heartfelt Thanks to United
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:13 am
flyme2

Originally Posted by big V
flyme2, how are you doing these days? Thinking of you. Come back and check in, we are here for you.

This thread is the epitome of the FT community. Poignant, sad, but also everything a support forum should be.

MojaveFlyer, wishing you excellent care, great outcomes, minimal sequelae, and many, many more years of flying the friendly skies. Know that
we are here for you, too.
Thank you, big V, and the entire FT community for providing me support, hope and solace during this difficult period.

MojaveFlyer, i echo big V's sentiments. Please accept my hope for a full recovery. Many have beaten cancer and progress with new and more effective treatment is ongoing. My thoughts are with you. Do not underestimate the power and support that this wonderful FT community can and will provide.

Last evening I had dinner with a FT'er that I had not seen since 2000, when my wife and I hosted an FT event here in Montreal. Blondebomber and I had 17 years of catching up to do, and managed quite well in the space of three hours. For a brief moment in time, I was provided cover from the dark cloud that has been hovering over me since my wife's passing. This is the type of support and compassion that FT does so well.

I will be in DC from July 1st to the 5th on a trip that my wife and I planned last year to celebrate the births of two great nations, Canada and the US. May the strength of our friendship withstand the rough waters in which we might currently find ourselves.

My wife at the "FAQ" Flyertalk event in 2000:
Attached Images