FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Montreal Le Meridien [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2017, 3:07 pm
Jumpgate

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Montreal - Le Meridien Versailles

Introduction This hotel is a fantastic redemption option at only 7,000 points per night. I burned 84K points to take a large group of friends to Montreal - 4 rooms for 3 nights and was very pleasantly surprised at what value we received. It's got a fantastic location that's near everything but not right in the middle of the super-huge touristy hotels. Check In Check in was seamless, easy, and no drama. Bellmen met us at the car and helped with luggage and parking was available. The staff was very very friendly. There were 7 of us in 4 rooms with different credit cards etc. and the woman at the desk handled everything in stride. Also there were no issues getting the kinds of rooms we wanted. Also all points + green choice credited properly.We had made some restaurant reservations in advance, and a gentleman at the check in desk was only too happy to call and confirm the reservations for me. Room My husband and I were upgraded to a Jr Suite on the 10th floor. It was a corner room with a large bed and sitting area and a huge bathroom with a whirlpool tub. The view was magnificent of Mount Royal and down Sherbrooke. We were shocked at how nice the hotel and rooms were given the low number of points it took! All of our friends loved their rooms as well and they all have a nice contemporary design. Here is the interior of a friend's room on the 7th floor: Dining We didn't eat at the restaurant, but the morning coffee (2 free coffees come each day with the room - there are vouchers in your room you have to remember to grab) and the bar service and wine and cocktail menus were fantastic. The baristas and bar tenders were overtly friendly and also gave us good advice for tourist things to do. They had some specialty cocktails that we really enjoyed. Location You absolutely can't beat the location of the hotel. It's 2 blocks from the Guy-Concordia metro, a fantastic stroll down Sherbrooke to all shops and museums, close to the entry trails for Mount Royal, and a short metro away from pretty much every area you'd like to tour in Montreal. A perfect location! Here is a great street lined with restaurants just a block from the hotel: Overall I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again. It's not a full service hotel - there's no spa or large lobby, but the location, redemption value, service, and the friendly staff makes it a certain destination that I'll return to. If you're looking for a greatr place to stay in Montreal - this just may be it! Service Free wifi, great staff, good bartenders, and a helpful front desk. Not a huge hotel / resort, but you feel very well taken care of.