FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2017)
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:49 pm
coconutjay

Originally Posted by Low Roller
The terms on the public Amex site say that you can't get the biz gold bonus if you hold another small biz card (i.e. biz platinum) but those terms don't seem to apply if using a referral link. I have both cards and got both bonuses.
Same here, I just hit the 5k spend and points showed up next day. I currently hold Biz plat and Biz Gold.
After referring a several family members, and as many mentioned, sometimes you get the points right after hitting the spend and others had to wait for 10 +weeks. The only thing that was different in my case was one had the gold a couple years ago who had to wait and the others never had one and got it immediately. The only thing that isn't making sense and not sure if there is some fine print on it is the extra 5K points for adding a supplementary card has never been posted for either accounts even though they added one at time of application. Can the person being added have an existing Gold card or be a supplementary card member of another person already and still be counted for the extra 5k for the person?

The reason I say this is because I was used as the supplementary card holder for all of them. None of them have received the extra 5k points and because one of them had the card a couple years back and received the 25k, they don't want to risk losing these because of the rule change to try to get the 5k.

Anyone have any details on why or how this extra 5 k works and when they should try to get the points?

Thank you,