FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - South Africa: BA F, BA J, SA Y, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Safari and Garden Route
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:29 pm
stevieed

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by BA5E
Loved the first hotel and great lap pool, did you make use of it. Room liked nice albeit though the carpet would do my head in why not have something plain^
Thanks! Alas I did not make use of it, we had very little time at that hotel. And yes, the carpet did my eyes in a bit, especially after a long flight!

Originally Posted by adampenrith
Great TR

Looking forward to reading the rest.

Have not been to South Africa for 53 years - time I went back
Thank you. Please go back, it's one of the most wonderful places I have ever visited.

Originally Posted by mentor of monty
Loving the style. Can't wait for some more cape town/ garden route material- best place ever!
Thanks! Yes, Cape Town is utterly wonderful! One of my favourite cities in the world.

Originally Posted by T8191
Nice Part 2, Stevie. I assume that's totally Nosmo King?
Thank you Uncle T. I actually don't know, none of us smoke, so we never enquired, however I would assume it was non-smoking. I certainly saw no ashtrays nor did I smell smoke in any of the rooms/areas. However the outside area did have ashtrays, so you could always have a drink AND a cigarette