FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AZ to end AF/KL partnership from january 2017
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:43 am
joyu12

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Took ORY-LIN this morning for the first time since December. Not a nice experience anymore, despite the proximity of both ORY and LIN to the respective city centres.
  • No OLCI possible, despite ticket being booked directly with Alitalia
  • Flight now leaves from ORY South with its distinct beach and VFR feeling about it. Everything just takes much longer as people aren't in the same mindset as when whizzing through SkyPriority at CDG
  • SkyPriority line at CKI is sign-posted, but noone respects it (neither passengers nor staff)
  • Check-in done by a clueless subcontractor firm ("Please go immediately to the gate, there are many people at passport control." - "This flight does not leave from the Schengen gates" - in a lecturing tone: "No Sir, this flight goes to Italy. You should know, you are traveling on it")
  • No possibility to obtain boarding pass for return flight on the same day
  • No more Access No. 1, despite flying in J and Skypriority
  • No lounge
  • Plane now downgauged to an ERJ-170, which means no more free neighbouring seat in J, unlike on the A319 which used to operate on the route
  • Plane parked on tarmac, accessible through a long outside corridor. The gate staff hoarded all the people in that outside corridor for more than 20 minutes - great fun with temperatures above 30 degrees and the noisy and dusty construction site of the ORY connector just a few centimeters behind the parting

Clearly the service and comfort level was better during the days of the partnership and ops from Orly West (lounge, fast track at security) with a larger plane aceessible by jetway. Return should be better as it is leaving from one of AZ's hubs, but still
Oh dear... Already Orly South is a permanent mess, especially passport control and security... Even when i arrive 3 hours prior it always seems like i am last minute. I guess Alyzia has taken over ground handling at Orly for Alitalia, every flight i have taken handled by them at ORY they bark at everyone to get through passport control (even for schengen flights) or risk death .

As for the lounges i believe Orly South only has lounges at the A gates (non-schengen gates), the B gates have no lounge area at all.

It's quite sad to see what Alitalia is getting reduced to.