FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:20 am
Grace B

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Well, I'm afraid all the nonsense, worry and hassle has got the better of me, and I've cancelled my three upcoming return business class tickets ex-Egypt. I've referred to the TRF/INVOL instruction mentioned in an earlier post in my refund requests, but I'm not hopeful of receiving full refunds anytime soon (but who knows?).

I've now booked new QR J class tickets VCE-BKK-VCE, at an additional cost of approx $1,000 (quite reasonable fares of EUR 1176 all-in). Of course, I do also have comprehensive travel insurance.

However, with the increased certainty (hopefully), I can go ahead and book accommodation, connecting flights, etc, with a little more confidence. I really didn't want to be at the whim of QR, maybe stranding me in HBE or CAI or elsewhere for a little while, and not being able to use pre-booked connections or accommodation. And a few days in Venice might be nice too.

No thank you, Qatar Airways, very poor form.