FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:34 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by syspig
However, a comment was made that this would be notated on her NEXUS record...I believe the term was "flagged." This doesn't sound like a good thing. So...can anyone advise what exactly, this might mean down the road? And, is there any way for me to submit documentation confirming she was a victim of ignorance, and not a deliberate act? Even if such an option exists, I've no idea if that would do any good or not.
TIA...
Ignorance or not, it doesn't really matter. Maybe an officer believes her and uses their discretion to not do anything. However, they have the ability to note it in their record or revoke Nexus if they feel like it. At this point, there's nothing you can do, what's done is done, and they are going to do whatever they are going to do. Should have told her the full details.

Typically, they can certainly revoke Nexus on the spot and take away the card then and there, though there have been reports of folks getting letters noting a revocation. Not saying that will happen here, but its a possibility. At that point, you can contest it if you want, but I'd guess a successful appeal in this case is unlikely.

Originally Posted by pewpew
IIRC, people have had their Nexus cards revoked for carrying items for other people.
And probably for less.

Originally Posted by Finkface
So can we please stop the debate. The Canadian side cannot see any document updates you do in GOES and you must visit a Nexus office in person (again, no idea about the fax idea) to update your docs in the Canadian system. Period.
Some people don't seem to care. It's been this way forever - updates on GOES don't reach the Canadian side, IMO, its not a mistake or a bug, but very likely an issue regarding privacy and the US being unable to share this info lawfully. I've asked officers in the Nexus office this on multiple occasions over several years, and the Canadian side always says it is required to bring them in.

To be fair, the website does say somewhere that it only needs to be updated on GOES, though I believe the Nexus user guide still specifically states updates must be done in person. My theory is its better for me to have to show up in the office for a few minutes to do this once every 10 years (well, actually, twice, as I'm a dual citizen) than to risk losing Nexus. Its not even close.