FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Offer - Marriott® Rewards Premier Visa Card
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:54 pm
canuck84

Programs: CX Gold/UA*G/HH Gold/Marriott Plt/SPG Gold/
Just got a letter in the mail today stating the Chase has decided to close my card effective immediately. I am a bit dumbfounded as I have had this card since 2012, paid the annual fee every year, never late, and never tried to churn it.

Called in and all they will tell me is that Chase has been reviewing accounts and has been deciding to close certain ones. He said it had nothing to do with creditworthiness or the way I have handled the account. All he could tell me is 'Chase has decided they no longer wish to do business with you on this account.' The bank wont reveal that information for business reasons. I was told that I can appeal to the Executive Offices but would likely receive a letter with no further explanation. They also will not refund the annual fee, even a pro-rated amount as it has been over 180 days since I paid the annual fee.

Has anyone else heard of anything like this happening? I don't use the card much for local everyday spend, but I travel regularly and charge several thousand of dollars to this card on my trips. Was going to use for week stay at a Marriott in Thailand Maybe they didnt like to see the spending lulls and sudden spending sprees? Maybe they did make interest off of me? I have no clue!

Any insight anyone could offer would be much appreciated. I was told I could apply for the card again in 6 months (would be much easier to keep my 5 year old card open!) so I guess I am not blacklisted.