FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MSP "Escape Lounge" open
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:06 pm
lkar

Originally Posted by DrivingRain
Let's get real guys. That new(ish) taco bar at MSP is awesome. Salmon sandwiches too; though I could not-pick that it has a bit too much onion. The Cuban sandwiches have not been as good since they changed the bread though. All in all miles ahead of Skyclub.
They must have been having a bad day when I was there. The "taco bar" was a porcelain tortilla holder that had one sad tortilla in there, and the beef had been sitting out so long that it had a hard crust on it. The sign mentioned chicken but there was no chicken. There were no salmon sandwiches. When I say that it was gross, I'm not saying, "it was not very good food." I am not saying it was not gourmet cuisine. I'm saying it was absolutely repulsive and embarrassing. It all needed to go in the garbage. The primary offer was 8 stale cinnabon looking things that clearly had been put out for breakfast. It was 5:30 p.m.

I'm guessing I will be perceived as a fussy lounge snob. I'm not. I'll eat pretty much anything. This was not fit for consumption. I asked the guy behind the desk, who apparently had been sitting doing nothing all day even though he was maybe 10 feet from the food, whether there was any other food, and he said, "no, that's it." I said, "really, it's very gross," which caused him to get up and look with me, and I think he was a bit horrified and then he bolted for the back. After my ipad had a bit more charge I headed over to the Delta lounge and I could tell when I left he was very sheepish.

Coincidentally, I was in Hartford this same trip and the escape lounge there yesterday was fantastic.\

There was one sad sandwich. This was what I saw when I opened it: