FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA - Goodbye Old Friend
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:43 pm
Shakies

Unhappy BA - Goodbye Old Friend

Dear BA,

I am sitting on a flight from Tel Aviv to London.

It is half way through the journey and in my many many years of flying BA I had the worst meal experience I have ever had. In my silent debate with myself I was wondering if I should stay silent or use my limited time telling you about my struggle. I decided the latter hence my letter.

Pardon me for being facetious for just a moment but I would like to 'congratulate' BA for conforming. You used to set the bar and show others the standard, but now have sadly gone the way everyone is going. Thank God there is no World war at present because Britain won't last a day.

Truthfully, I would not feed my dog with the food I had on this plane today. BA had always had great food in economy.
Those days are gone. The bread was old, the pasta not edible and the dessert hardly seeable.

Have you noticed the new well defined 'One Drink' policy? In the past it helped us numb the pain of the slow downgrading of everything now has actually perhaps opened my eyes a bit wider to the seriousness of the situation.

Do I have sower grapes not flying First Class, hardly. Am I a complainer? Not at all. Once you have been on Mission stations in Africa you can hardly be an arrogant, picky eater even if you tried.

I don't fit your profile, I get it. You want the high fliers only and the boys with the big bucks and actually wish our time wasting economy fliers would fly off the planet but graciously tolerate us and while scheming to buy planes that only 'serve' business customers.

We now get 60% less air miles on an Economy flight and you need to fly around the globe about 40 times before getting any benefits whatsoever.
God forbid one of the creme de la creme of BA are to fly 'World Traveller' for one day. Then things would change I am sure.

All I know is that the BA we have been supporting and flying is gone.

We had great friendships, great laughs and BA has been the best Airline in my opinion worldwide hands down. We have proudly promoted BA wherever we go. I have even wiped your restroom floors and toilet seats when dirty out of embarrassment for 'our' faithful British Airline.

Goodbye old friend....