FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA find 20 pound Lobster in checked bags in Logan Terminal C
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:39 pm
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Section 107
Do you work in a secured area of an aviation enterprise?

If yes, then what you say is quite surprising to me.

In aviation, photography of the components/facilities for ensuring the security of the area are prohibited (such as photographs showing the types or placement of surveillance cameras, motion sensors, etc.). But there is no general prohibition of photography in the secured areas (such as in the terminals post-security, in the baggage handling areas, on runways or other areas of the SIDA).
Just to give you a clearer picture: I am not allowed to bring a camera or recording device onto company property. Very rare exceptions are granted. This occasion was an awards meeting in a meeting room (nothing distinguishing would be in the photos) and the images were posted on our secure site. My camera is a little P&S; I used a new SD card and surrendered it after I took the photos.

Our cars aren't searched when we go through the gate (although they could be), so obviously plenty of folks have their cellphones in their cars or even on them. As the company notes, there's no reason for a personal cellphone on company property. The company has always permitted modest use of company phones for personal or emergency calls and if someone is roaming around company property and potentially hard to reach, we still have pagers.

Last edited by chollie; Jun 27, 2017 at 2:49 pm