FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Properties with Water View
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:58 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
There are certainly dozens of them. Start in most cities near a body of water and there's probably a Hilton (if not more than one) with water views.

Off the top of my head, just Hiltons I've stayed in...

- HWV
- HHV
- The Waterfront, Huntington Beach
- FLL Marina Hilton
- Hilton Clearwater
- Hilton Chicago
- Drake Hotel (Chicago)

I'm sure Hawaii, LA, San Diego, and Chicago have more hotels with water views.

I'm sure Florida has a dozen more hotels with them that I haven't visited...for example, I know they have a South Beach option and some downtown Miami options, although my recent Hampton Inn downtown Miami hotel was fully boxed in by taller buildings.

NYC Downtown may have some water views, although I'm always in Midtown - never with a river view.

I'm told the Sioux Falls HGI Downtown has a pretty cool river view (and it's actually an interesting river to view), although that might not be exactly what you're looking for. I'm passing through there for one night this weekend...kind of looking forward to it.

I did *not* have a water view when I stayed at the Hilton Seattle, although I would expect it is possible.

There's a big Doubletree in Portland that might have a decent waterfront view (it's on the east side of the river), but the downtown Hilton and Duniway don't really have much of a view of the river. (Great view of St. Helens though.)

The first three in my list above, plus the Clearwater one, are also right on or walkable to a traditional sandy ocean beach. FLL Marina might have been too...it was kind of a weird area (nice, but built up for boats so I'm not sure where exactly the nearest beach was).