FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:37 am
seawolf
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by swag
So on two of my last three 4th night free reservations, I have paid with a different credit card.

The first was just carelessness, checking into a Marriott/SPG, I pulled out my SPG Amex at check in out of habit, and didn't realize my mistake until a couple of days after checkout. The second time, I left my Prestige card at home, and was already on my flight when I noticed it wasn't in my wallet.

Anyway, much to my surprise, I still received the 4th night credit both times.

Has anyone else had any recent experience with booking through the Concierge, but using a card other than the Prestige to pay?

The terms on the Citi site are clear.

But as they say, once is a glitch. Twice is a pattern.

It would certainly be nice to be able to use a different card at times; for example, one of my tasks for the current IHG promo is to use my IHG card to pay for a stay. Still, whether it's an unpublished change or whether I just got lucky twice, I don't plan to risk further tests.
Originally Posted by ellinj
I suspect its dependent on property, the concierge must call to verify the stay and the card used. I can imagine that there are some properties who may not be willing to send a folio to a third party.

Credit is subject to audit.

Sometimes they check (as in they obtain actual folio from hotel which they can do since they are travel agent on record for the reservation) and sometimes they push the credit over without verification.

I've experienced both. How do I know they check folio? The reimbursed amount was less than expected and the reason given was that one of the "taxes" charged by the hotel was not a tax.