FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Marseille Hotel Dieu Master Thread [merged]
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:44 pm
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Just to report after another stay, a great idea for people who want to learn a thing or two about the area. We did a Segway guided tour this past weekend which was excellent. The concierge arranged with a local guide who did an amazing job. He not only knew the old quarters behind the hotel, he knew nearly everyone there and they all knew him. I've been staying a lot at this hotel since it first opened and I thought I knew the area, but gosh was I wrong. There is so much interesting history, both ancient and more recent and so many cool little side streets/corridors. I highly recommend the Segway tour. Someone told me it was €60 for 3 people and after it was over I was sure it was €60 per person, because it had that level of value. But no, it is just €20 per hour/per person. It was my first time on a Segway, but it was quite easy to master.

And to the air conditioning, it was quite hot on Friday at around 32 degrees. The AC in the room was not powerful enough to make it very cold, but it was good enough for me. I slept very well.

Also there was a popular celebrity book charity event at the hotel. We were surrounded by celebrities the whole weekend and some of us took lots of photos with them. All very relaxed on the terrace and everyone had a great time. Since the celebrities took all the suites, I was upgraded to a "family room" which is quite large and bigger than an Executive room, but without the terrance. There were apologies all around for not being able to give me the usual Prestige Harbor Suite.