FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ✨ Polaris (& PP) Retrofits: Schedule, ....
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:26 pm
dmurphynj

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

The next new Polaris lounges in EWR, SFO and LHR are listed as opening "by early 2018."
Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
I hadn't really thought about it, but wonder why not the 764ER? I know there's only 16 of them, but once the 763's are fit, you'd think the 764's would be fairly straightforward ...?

And no 788/789's in sight ... that's a bummer too, but not surprising.