FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:54 am
swag
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
So on two of my last three 4th night free reservations, I have paid with a different credit card.

The first was just carelessness, checking into a Marriott/SPG, I pulled out my SPG Amex at check in out of habit, and didn't realize my mistake until a couple of days after checkout. The second time, I left my Prestige card at home, and was already on my flight when I noticed it wasn't in my wallet.

Anyway, much to my surprise, I still received the 4th night credit both times.

Has anyone else had any recent experience with booking through the Concierge, but using a card other than the Prestige to pay?

The terms on the Citi site are clear.
To receive your complimentary night (via a statement credit) you must: 1) Make a reservation for a minimum, consecutive four–night stay by contacting the Citi Prestige Concierge, to book directly with a designated concierge and 2) Fully pay for your stay with a Citi Prestige® Card.
But as they say, once is a glitch. Twice is a pattern.

It would certainly be nice to be able to use a different card at times; for example, one of my tasks for the current IHG promo is to use my IHG card to pay for a stay. Still, whether it's an unpublished change or whether I just got lucky twice, I don't plan to risk further tests.