FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmEx UK - car rental benefits in UK
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:20 am
A1pax

Originally Posted by sky-rat
Complain to both Amex and the rentacar company. I had something similar-ish though much smaller issue (cleaning charge for vacuuming the interior, after a 2 week rental) and sent the complaint letter to both: ie, addressed to both and made clear that they were getting carbon copy letter since it was the same complaint.

Car company dithered, but Amex reversed the charges and said "rentacar can come back if they can justify it". That looks to have gotten it to a different level in the rentacar customer service centre, and an apologetic letter arrived some time long after. Belated happy ending
Thanks, sky-rat. I have phoned Hertz customer relations in Australia and got a lady who was helpful and she promised to sort it out for us. I have found Hertz customer relations in the UK are useless. If it is not sorted out by next week, I will start calling Amex and Hertz customer relations in the UK (as we have UK Amex Plat charge card. We are Australians but living in the UK for now, and hubby goes back to Australia twice a year to visit his mother in a nursing home - hence car rental)