FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 Voluntary Award Change: date, time, routing, airline, co-terminal, cost
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:01 pm
LukeO9

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by loopflyer
Called AA to make a change to one segment of my one PNR ticket: Complete routing is CX-MH-QF. Where I wanted to change was QF SYD-MEL, same day, same airline, just at a different time. Agent said that he would have to redo the entire ticket. Is this correct? He said something about code-shared OneWorld link segment causing this. Huh? I never heard of this. Anyhow, I told him not to as there was no longer availability in the class I am flying on the first segment in CX. If someone can help me out before I call again as to what I should understand about AA award changes in my situation I would be thankful.
Doesn't sound right at all. That said, I had a similar situation that arose due to the original booking being at fault. In that case, the change I made to the faulty booking was OKed at that time, but was denied later, rendering my original itinerary obsolete due to the original sectors no longer being available. They didn't budge on the issue, I had to cancel.
In your case, since its the last leg you seek to change, force the change, but definitely WITHOUT a ticket reissue.