FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Seasons Seoul, Korea -- Reviews and Comments
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:19 pm
Aventine
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Four Seasons Seoul weekend stay review

Check In The first part of check-in was terrible. No one to help with our bags but the poor Guest relations associate. Kagehitokari suggested using the curbside check-in app but I'm not a fan of checking in via apps (reminds me of low end places I've had to stay at). Probably only going to work if you come from a cab and not their parking garage. I think the hotel should put roaming bell people to help or ask people in the lobby if they need help.Just ended up pushing them myself. In room check-in, sign paper and finished. The welcome amenities were very nice. They also write a small welcome message on the window addressed to you.HousekeepingThe room was spotless. No dust bunnies or ramen stains like one of our first visits. LocationGreat for first time tourists. Most tourist attractions are at your doorstep but carry an umbrella as Seoul is entering the monsoon season. Introduction LoungeAccess is only included with the Palace, City Executive suites and club rooms. It will never be packed like GH's Grand Club or Conrad's lounge. Weekdays have your businessmen crowd and weekends your local staycation crowd. The food quality is better than most others in Seoul but I noticed small cost cutting features like the maki rolls and only offering hot dishes when prompted. Dining DiningThey gave me a pile of niçoise to eat via room service. Just awful.Maru on the first floor does great burgers and they have a very wide selection of Western and Korean favorites. Give a pass to Kioku unless you have a corporate CC paying for it. Overpriced for mediocre food. Room RoomI've posted about this suite before. A great upgrade from the standard Premier room. It makes you feel like the stay was money well-spent and is lightyears ahead of my normal suite at Park Hyatt Seoul. I like that it's tastefully decorated and not overfilled, cluttered with cheap junk furniture like Signiel Seoul. Views of Gyeongbukgung Palace to the north and Seoul Tower to the southeast. I really only expected a Corner room since it was full occupancy for the weekend. The bed was just heavenly. No mattress topper needed here. Recommendations: ask for them to put the temperature to 20 degrees Celsius or below before you check-in. Tell them to blast it if you want it Arctic like. All the windows and the strong Korean sun made this room VERY warm upon check-in. It took a while for it to cool down and not good in summer.Take rooms facing away from the Executive Lounge or street level. The glass is not one way and a fully lit room is visible from the outside! I was shocked to be able to view guests when driving in... Service ServiceBetter than my first few stays but still ways to go with small things they neglected to do.Forgot:- to bring yogurt and green juice with breakfast (room service)- to bring bath salts (housekeeping)- to bring a stored item of mine (bell desk)- to ask before starting to clear the tea, bread basket, etc (room service)The service at the Executive Lounge is spot on. Asking before clearing dishes or glasses. Asking if you need a refill of champagne (yes!). Asking if they can do anything else. Service with a smile. This hotel has an iPad for many room functions and requests so maybe it's brought down service attentiveness levels? Location Great for first time tourists. Most tourist attractions are at your doorstep but carry an umbrella as Seoul is entering the monsoon season. Overall FS Seoul spoils you. Makes every other Seoul hotel room look like they're dated (most are). The service isn't perfect but it's 100% better than in the beginning. I'm confident Mr. Barta and his team will only continue to get better than take a turn for the worst.