FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beginning of the end of chauffeur service?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:33 am
den3aah

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum, BA Bronze, And EK silver
Its depressing the more I think about it. I genuinely liked EY and always tried to convince people to try it. Im not sure where this airline is heading at the moment. They clearly don't care if they provide a basic service, and don't think are interested in competing with QR and EK anymore.

this is the rubbish response I received from EY today:
"Thank you for letting us know about your disappointment with the current changes to the Etihad Complimentary Chauffeur Policy.

Please allow me to explain that Etihad Airways constantly reviews its service proposition and having evaluated our ground transportation option – a replacement paid service is being added.

Customer research has indicated that the chauffeur service is important to only a small portion of our premium guests. As such keeping this feature separate from the core fare component – will contribute to lower airline fares while still providing our guests the option of adding this service if required at an additional fee.

We do value your continued patronage and certainly appreciate your disappointment with these changes. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you, once again for writing to us and please be assured that we do listen to our guests’ feedback. I hope that you continue to travel with us being mindful of the fact that Etihad Airways is trying very hard to ensure that we provide our guests with a consistently high level of service."

Ive just burnt all my miles with them and have cancelled my credit card. I very much doubt the fares will drop - and if so, by how much?

time will tell if this was a smart move ...

Cheers

Originally Posted by amnicoll
I am 100% with you on this but have yet to fire off email (it is drafted) - Etihad have no understanding of the concept of loyalty and I was like you a strong supporter of the airline but have become disillusioned. I can live with things like the lack of amenity bag but things have gone too far.

What will happen is those of us like you and me for whom Etihad was the complete product will transfer (and like you I am looking at Emirates) and yield will fall, so Etihad will have to reduce the price further to fill up the cabin and soon they will be competing with the like of Turkish for the bargain basement