FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beginning of the end of chauffeur service?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:26 am
amnicoll

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by den3aah
This with this shocking news I received on thursday, Ive just burnt all my miles with EY and will leave them after my last flight at the end of this year.

This is the last nail in the coffin for me, as I've also noticed a drastic change in their service. Their cabin crew on my last flight to MAN were complaining how bad things are, and are not even given enough products on board, which is embarrassing. Chauffeur service for me was essential , and I don't have any reason to stay with them any more. The fares have also been hiked by 25%, the service is dropping drastically, I am struggling to find a reason to stay with them!

Ive just fired an email to EY explaining that they have lost a platinum member who's been loyal since 2006. Its a shame really as they started off really well....
Im looking at EK, AF or TK as an alternative but looks like I'm be going to EK for now.

Cheers everyone.
I am 100% with you on this but have yet to fire off email (it is drafted) - Etihad have no understanding of the concept of loyalty and I was like you a strong supporter of the airline but have become disillusioned. I can live with things like the lack of amenity bag but things have gone too far.

What will happen is those of us like you and me for whom Etihad was the complete product will transfer (and like you I am looking at Emirates) and yield will fall, so Etihad will have to reduce the price further to fill up the cabin and soon they will be competing with the like of Turkish for the bargain basement