FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Hilton Amex Offer Valid through 7/30/17 - $60 off $300 or more
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:20 am
Eujeanie

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by slickness123
Hmmm... this gives me an idea. Are Hilton restaurants for hotel patrons only? Could I just walk into a random Hilton, order something from the restaurant, and have it count towards the $300?
I don't think that would work, because the offer states "room and room charges". When you don't stay at a hotel, and just eat there off the street, you don't generate a room folio (unless you ask them to set one up and they agree?).

We ate at our local Hilton one night, and the charge on my Amex came out as "Hilton F&B". And while I didn't need the charge for any offer, it did not come out on my Hilton Honors statement at all (as a stay would have), but the good news is I did get 12x points on my Hilton Surpass card for the purchase (which I should have).

So in your case I'd make the charge while at the hotel, be sure the offer is already loaded on both cards, and see if they'll divide the payment 50/50.