FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Hilton Amex Offer Valid through 7/30/17 - $60 off $300 or more
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:13 am
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by slickness123
Ok so I have a quick question. I have 2 Amex cards with the Hilton offer. I will be checking out tomorrow. I was hoping to split it between the 2 cards as long as my total is $600, but it looks like it will be $584 (at least I think so, all I have is the room charge, taxes, and $18/day resort charge. That's it right? No other hidden taxes?) What's the easiest way to add $16 to my bill? Can I add a $16 housekeeping tip? If you eat at a restaurant inside the hotel, is it possible to add the restaurant charge to the total hotel bill? Or perhaps it isn't even necessary to add the charge to the total bill and I can do it separately since the spend is cumulative? Thanks
Do taxes count towards the $300? Or is it just the base room rate? I have a stay coming up where the room rate is under $300 but the total is over $300 after taxes. Does it qualify or do I have to charge something to the room to get the pre-tax amount over $300?